The Bell Hotel, built in 1926, is an example of a pattern for small community planning where by hotels were constructed by means of stock sales by locals. The Bell Hotel had a central role in the community from 1926-1968. Currently, the building is being rehabilitated after years of vacancy into a mixed use complex with apartments and retail space. Once complete the building will include specialty shops and a restaurant. PandDS successfully prepared a National Register of Historic Places nomination resulting in the building being listed in 2013.
LOCATION: Alva, OK
STATUS: In Progress